|90 days access
|4 CPD hours
Most finance professionals solve at least one problem every day of their working lives, but rarely stop to consider the methods they use to achieve this until faced with a potentially significant issue.
This course looks at how to identify and analyse a problem to successfully establish the root causes and then use a variety of problem solving techniques to develop, assess and implement solutions. Problem Solving for Accountants covers everything from the collection of data to who to involve in the process, and how to ensure that the solution achieves the desired outcomes. Practical exercises and activities ensure that professionals have plenty of opportunity to try out a wide variety of problem solving tools and strategies.
Problem Solving for Accountants enables you to:
||96% of learners thought this course met their cpd needs
|"The whole method of presentation is great. I loved the interaction. I feel I put a lot more effort into learning. It's great I can revisit it."
|"Ease of access and timeframe to complete the course were both great."
|"The course is very interactive as it asked me to respond to case examples, click on "Tips" for more information and take part in the quizes. I also liked being able to see the answers that other people had written as I was able to see different points of view. It was also good to take part in the opening section about how I learn. This gave me a brief idea of how my mind works and did help me during the course."
|"It gave me good "food for thought" in how to approach problems at work."
|"Interesting, relevant, easily understandable - no use of jargon without explanation."
|You can review this course using the questionnaire in the course completion area.
Deconstructing the problem
- How do I identify the problem?
- Is it worth tackling my problem?
- Who do I need to involve in deconstructing the problem?
- How do I make sure I understand the problem?
- What is the analytical approach?
- What information do I need to gather?
- How can I gather the information I need?
- How can I analyse the data Iíve gathered?
- How can I measure and present the data Iíve gathered?
- Why is creativity important in problem solving?
- How can I encourage creative thinking?
- What tools can I use in the creative approach?.
- What do I do with the output of creative sessions?
Developing a solution
This course is designed to appeal to all staff. Less experienced staff will find that the course will help them understand the process and be more effective at problem solving. More experienced or senior people will value the opportunity to spend time reviewing their approach to problem solving techniques.
See alsoLeadership Skills for Accountants
Networking Skills for Accountants
Project Management for Accountants
Coaching Skills for Accountants