2019-20 Update: Irish Tax and Legislation
In this course you will:
- Look at the current rules surrounding residence status and income tax liability
- Explore updates in income taxation of married couples and civil partners
- Receive updates on changes to income tax, corporation tax and environmental tax policies
Keeping up to date with the tax rules is a key part of any accountant’s ongoing professional competence, but with so many changes and updates, it can be difficult to stay on top of the key issues.
Focusing on four main areas, this course covers key developments in taxation in 2019-20 and the effect these developments will have over the coming months.
- Tax residence statuses
- Tax implications of residence statuses
- Split-year relief
- Special Assignee Relief Programme (SARP)
- Other forms of tax relief
- Domicile levy
Marriage and civil partnership tax
- Tax individualisation
- Taxation options
- Home carer tax credit
- Year of marriage or civil partnership
- The death of a spouse or civil partner
- Separation, divorce or dissolution of civil partnership
- The Employment (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2018
- The Organisation of Working Time Act 1997
- The Terms of Employment (Information) Acts 1994-2014
- The Workplace Relations Act 2015
- The Unfair Dismissals Act 1997 and the National Minimum Wage Act 2000
- Checklist for accountants and finance professionals
- Income tax policy issues
- Distribution of income tax
- Entry point to higher rate income tax band
- Further income tax considerations
- Corporation tax policy issues
- Other tax policy issues
ACCA partner with accountingcpd.net to provide high quality CPD for members. As an ACCA member, you are required to complete at least 40 relevant units of CPD each year, where one unit is equal to one hour. 21 units must be verifiable; the other 19 can be non-verifiable.
Your accountingcpd.net course counts as verifiable CPD, if you can answer "yes" to these questions:
- Was the learning activity relevant to your career?
- Can you explain how you will apply the learning in the workplace?
You select courses that meet these criteria, and as you complete each course you get a CPD certificate so you can provide ACCA with the evidence that you undertook the learning activity.
ACCA members get discounts on accountingcpd.net courses. Find out more here.