2019-20 Update: UK Tax
In this course you will:
- Explore recent changes affecting the taxation of individuals from tax-efficient investments to employee travel expenses
- Look at recent developments affecting businesses, including compliance obligations and tax breaks
- Get familiar with capital taxes and recent changes affecting property transactions
- Take a closer look at indirect taxes including VAT and Stamp taxes, and the various environmental taxes, often referred to as "stealth taxes"
Tax legislation is changing at a fast pace and will continue to do so. It is often difficult to keep up with new tax laws and regulations. With added uncertainties such as Brexit and the Spring Statement 2019: Written Ministerial Statement, which is currently under review, it can make staying up to date that much harder.
However, it is crucial that as an accountant you are aware of the changes being made and where forthcoming legislation can be expected.
This course covers key developments in taxation in 2019-20 and the effect these developments will have over the coming months.
- Tax-efficient investments
- Tax-free trading allowance
- Employee travel expenses
- Company vans
- Tax charges on company vans
- Temporary increase in annual investment allowance
- Cash basis for landlords
- Directors' loans accounts
- Paying family members
- Increase in annual exemption
- Main residence relief for CGT
- Periods of absence and lettings relief
- CGT - Finance Act 2019
- IHT residence nil rate band
- RNRB - Finance Act 2019
- MTD for VAT
- Choosing the right VAT rate
- A juicy VAT case
- Class 2 NICs update
- Future reform
- Plastic packaging tax
ACCA partner with accountingcpd.net to provide high quality CPD for members. As an ACCA member, you are required to complete at least 40 relevant units of CPD each year, where one unit is equal to one hour. 21 units must be verifiable; the other 19 can be non-verifiable.
Your accountingcpd.net course counts as verifiable CPD, if you can answer "yes" to these questions:
- Was the learning activity relevant to your career?
- Can you explain how you will apply the learning in the workplace?
You select courses that meet these criteria, and as you complete each course you get a CPD certificate so you can provide ACCA with the evidence that you undertook the learning activity.
ACCA members get discounts on accountingcpd.net courses. Find out more here.