Decision Making in a Crisis
This course will enable you to:
- Make good decisions even when under pressure
- Understand and use appropriate decision making methods to solve problems and make good choices
- Establish the optimal decision making systems and structures to ensure you can respond rapidly and robustly to any future shocks
How do you handle pressure? During the global coronavirus crisis, businesses are facing pressure arguably more than ever before, and in a variety of unforeseen ways.
In this short course, you'll learn how to deal with moments when decisions are at their most black and white, and can either spell victory or failure for your organisation.
1-hour module. This short course has been taken from Corporate Resilience and Decision Making.
Decision making in a crisis
- Times of crisis
- The Coylumbridge Hotel: Reacting the wrong way
- Look after yourself
- Don't panic!
- Behavioural and cognitive bias
- The Post Office: The fallout from flawed IT
- Crisis response teams
- Moderating the fishbowl
- Dealing with a crisis
- Majority rules decision-making
- Business continuity planning
- Sports Direct: Learning from mistakes
- Leadership and decision-making actions
- How to avoid making terrible decisions
- Record and learn
ACCA partner with accountingcpd.net to provide high quality CPD for members. As an ACCA member, you are required to complete at least 40 relevant units of CPD each year, where one unit is equal to one hour. 21 units must be verifiable; the other 19 can be non-verifiable.
Your accountingcpd.net course counts as verifiable CPD, if you can answer "yes" to these questions:
- Was the learning activity relevant to your career?
- Can you explain how you will apply the learning in the workplace?
You select courses that meet these criteria, and as you complete each course you get a CPD certificate so you can provide ACCA with the evidence that you undertook the learning activity.