2019-20 Update: CFO Issues
This course covers key issues and developments currently affecting the role of accountants. Explore how to maximise your business profits, how to make the most of meetings using KPIs, how to transform your finance function using agile methodologies, and how to create compelling data visualisations.
This course will enable you to
- Optimise costs and consider important business assets, and your strategies in these areas
- Understand the process of a KPI progress meeting, from how the facilitator should set an agenda to creating and implementing an improvement plan
- Look at the philosophy of agile accounting, its benefits for your organisation and the framework for implementing it
- Apply agile thinking to financial decision making which will, in turn, support organisation strategy
- Understand BI tools, Tableau and Power BI, and their benefits
About the course
There is a wide range of financial topics, issues and developments that, as a CFO or senior accountant, you are expected to know all about. But with so much information to take on board, it can be difficult to keep up to date.
In this course, you will find out about key issues and developments currently affecting your role. The course touches on how to maximise your business profits, how to make the most of meetings using KPIs, how to transform your finance function using agile methodologies, and how to create compelling data visualisations which tell a story.
- Improving Business Profits
- How can you improve motivation and communication?
- How should a business determine its objectives?
- How do you improve business processes?
- What is customer profitability analysis (CPA)?
- What is a product life cycle?
- How should businesses handle pricing?
- What is cost optimisation?
- What costing basis should a business use?
- How are inventory levels controlled?
- How do you manage receivables and payables?
- KPI Progress Meetings
- What is a KPI progress meeting?
- What are the principles of good facilitation?
- How do you structure a KPI progress meeting?
- How do you select the right KPIs?
- What tools can you use to measure performance?
- How do you generate ideas for performance improvement?
- How do you refine and strengthen improvement ideas?
- How do you prepare an improvement plan?
- How can you ensure good conduct in meetings?
- How do you evaluate and improve KPI progress meetings?
- Agile Accounting
- What is agile?
- What does agile look like?
- How do we use agile accounting?
- What is an agile period-end close?
- Where should we start?
- What is the voice of the customer?
- What is an agile profit and loss account?
- What is a box score?
- How are agile investment decisions made?
- Data Visualisation
- What is data visualisation?
- How should I present my data?
- Which visualisation tool should I use?
- How do I start visualising data?
- What are the benefits of using data visualisation?
You might also like
Take a look at some of our bestselling courses