Intermediate Excel Formulas for Accountants
This course will enable you to:
- Use a variety of rounding functions and formulas
- Extract text from text strings, create dynamic text labels, and custom format your text
- Use custom formatting to change the presentation of dates and times
- Make your workbooks more resistant to errors by setting up data validation and creating error-resistant formulas
Excel is the tool of choice for accountants, but many of us only use a fraction of the functionality available. It can be difficult to enhance your Excel skills when you don't know what tools are available to you.
This course builds on your Excel knowledge and skills by introducing you to even more formulas that you can use in your accounting or finance role. You'll master a variety of rounding and text functions, understand how to use date and time formulas in your role and how to create error-resistant formulas. It's an ideal course for finance professionals who have mastered general level formulas and are looking to take their skills to the next level.
- ROUND function
- ROUNDUP and ROUNDDOWN
- FLOOR.MATH and CEILING.MATH
- Other rounding functions
- Separating text
- Extracting text
- Cleaning text
- Searching and amending text
- Custom formatting
- Dynamic labels
Dates and times
- How Excel works
- Calculating duration
- Formatting dates and times
- More date and time functions
Data validation and errors
- The basics of data validation
- Applying data validation
- Advanced data validation
- Product costs
ACCA partner with accountingcpd.net to provide high quality CPD for members. As an ACCA member, you are required to complete at least 40 relevant units of CPD each year, where one unit is equal to one hour. 21 units must be verifiable; the other 19 can be non-verifiable.
Your accountingcpd.net course counts as verifiable CPD, if you can answer "yes" to these questions:
- Was the learning activity relevant to your career?
- Can you explain how you will apply the learning in the workplace?
You select courses that meet these criteria, and as you complete each course you get a CPD certificate so you can provide ACCA with the evidence that you undertook the learning activity.