2021-22 Update: UK Tax
This course will enable you to:
- Stay up to date with all recent UK tax changes: personal, business, capital and indirect taxes
- Advise on the latest on employee home-working expenses and tax efficient savings
- Get to grips with the new IR35 rules and the tax relief available on business loans
- Familiarise yourself with the changes to Business Asset Disposal Relief and the additional IHT threshold
- Make the most of Making Tax Digital for VAT, income and corporation tax
Although most of the UK's tax rates have been frozen for the 2021/22 tax year, there are still many changes and new legislation to get to grips with, much of it in response to the pandemic.
From pension contributions and NICs to business asset disposal relief and tax reliefs on business loans, this course will keep you up to date with all the changes in personal, business, capital and indirect taxes. You'll discover how to deal with the many Covid-19 support measures and get up to speed on the progress being made on the Making Tax Digital project.
- Expenses for working at home
- Household expenses
- Pension contributions update
- Marriage allowance
- How to claim
- Tax efficient savings update
- Annual investment allowance for capital allowances
- IR35 and off-payroll working
- NICs: Covid-19 tests and veterans
- Tax relief on business loans
- Restrictions under cash basis
- Running a business from home
- Expenses checker and trading allowance
- Business Asset Disposal Relief
- Additional IHT threshold
- Inheritance tax gifts reliefs
- Capital losses
- Making Tax Digital update
- MTD for VAT
- MTD for income tax
- MTD for corporation tax
- Property tax in England and Northern Ireland
- Property tax: Wales and Scotland
- Business rates update
- Covid-19 support measures
- Flat rate scheme for VAT
ACCA partner with accountingcpd.net to provide high quality CPD for members. As an ACCA member, you are required to complete at least 40 relevant units of CPD each year, where one unit is equal to one hour. 21 units must be verifiable; the other 19 can be non-verifiable.
Your accountingcpd.net course counts as verifiable CPD, if you can answer "yes" to these questions:
- Was the learning activity relevant to your career?
- Can you explain how you will apply the learning in the workplace?
You select courses that meet these criteria, and as you complete each course you get a CPD certificate so you can provide ACCA with the evidence that you undertook the learning activity.