Building Resilience for Professional Success
This course will enable you to:
- Remain resilient throughout the emotional cycle of change
- Increase your emotional intelligence and manage stress
- Manage your career path in the modern world
- Create an effective work-life balance
Resilience is our ability to overcome life's challenges and manage change. This emotional intelligence is essential when navigating your career, which will inevitably face uncertainty and setbacks.
Planning ahead for uncertain times can ensure your career stays on track and you retain an effective balance between life and work even in the most stressful times. This course will help you build higher levels of resilience so you can better deal with difficulties and obstacles and also cope well in the face of change, therefore making you more likely to succeed and progress at work. You will learn to not only harness the skills and attributes you do have, but also to discern and develop those that you don't.
- Why is resilience important?
- How do I develop resilience?
- What should I do when things go wrong?
- How do I bounce back from difficult times?
- What is the emotional cycle of change?
- How can I effectively manage people through change?
- Why can it be so difficult to change habits?
- How can managing change help us to build resilience?
- How can I be an agent of change?
- What are the benefits of emotional intelligence?
- What is the model for emotional intelligence?
- How can I increase my self-perception?
- How can I improve my self-expression?
- How do I improve my interpersonal skills?
- What can I do to manage stress?
- What can I do to improve my decision making?
Resilience and your career
- What is different about careers in the 21st century?
- What skills and behaviours do I need to manage this change?
- How can building resilience enable you to manage your career?
- How do I build a network?
- How do I define what I want to do?
- How do I create a career path?
- How do I build my personal brand?
Creating a work-life balance
- How can I improve my work-life balance?
- How does creating balance help to build resilience?
- What effect does technology have on work-life balance?
- What small things can have a big impact?
ACCA partner with accountingcpd.net to provide high quality CPD for members. As an ACCA member, you are required to complete at least 40 relevant units of CPD each year, where one unit is equal to one hour. 21 units must be verifiable; the other 19 can be non-verifiable.
Your accountingcpd.net course counts as verifiable CPD, if you can answer "yes" to these questions:
- Was the learning activity relevant to your career?
- Can you explain how you will apply the learning in the workplace?
You select courses that meet these criteria, and as you complete each course you get a CPD certificate so you can provide ACCA with the evidence that you undertook the learning activity.