Corporate Social Responsibility
This course explores the problems brought about by damage to the physical environment, the risks and opportunities they engender for enterprises and the vital role that the finance function can play.
This course will enable you to
- Identify the reasons behind the growing interest in Corporate Social Responsibility
- Understand the current thinking on the environmental and social responsibilities of business
- Understand how concepts of fairness and equality affect Corporate Social Responsibility
- Understand the processes required for risk management to be put in place
- Develop an understanding of a corporation's place in the community
About the course
The topic of the corporation's place in society has been debated over several decades but there has been a noticeable increase in the attention paid to it recently. In particular, there has been a focus on how enterprises align their economic considerations with social and environmental ones. Various terms have been used but Corporate Social Responsibility seems to be the favourite.
Corporate Social Responsibility looks at the wider responsibilities of businesses to society at large. It explores the problems brought about by damage to the physical environment (pollution and degradation and resources) and the risks and opportunities they engender for individual enterprises. The course looks at the increasing amount of regulation and guidance, such as on diversity and fair trade, and outlines the vital role that the finance function can play.
You might also like
Take a look at some of our bestselling courses