Executing Strategy for Competitive Advantage
This course gives you the tools, tips and techniques used by businesses which have developed successful and winning strategies. Follow the practical guidelines and begin to put your business into action.
This course will enable you to
- Translate strategy into action, track performance and make good decisions
- Develop practical guidelines to help you realise your plans
- Construct an 'annual rhythm' to help you execute your strategy
About the course
When your organisation has created its strategy, the next step is getting it off the ground and into action. Successful organisations make strategy real by creating a well-managed annual calendar – a regular rhythm that sets a tempo for their progress. This annual rhythm will help give the required focus needed to carry your strategy through. Better execution will lead to a competitive advantage.
This course will show you how to translate your decisions into action via regular board, planning and performance meetings. It will also give you the tools, tips and techniques used by businesses which have developed successful and winning strategies. Follow the practical guidelines and begin to put your business into action.
- Getting started
- What is the typical board governance structure?
- Why does annual rhythm matter?
- What should the annual calendar incorporate?
- The annual rhythm
- What does the annual calendar look like?
- When and how often should you visit your strategic plan?
- How does budgeting help set objectives?
- What is the "report and accounts"?
- What is the talent management process?
- What does the Annual General Meeting consist of?
- How can risk be managed?
- The Board, the ExCo and their Committees
- What is "The Board"?
- Who is responsible for the board meeting?
- What do board committees consist of?
- What is the ExCo?
- What is an ExCo Investment Committee?
- What are divisional reviews?
- Tools, tips and techniques
- What is the role of the Chairman?
- What should be the relationship between the Chairman and Chief Executive?
- What is the role of Company Secretary?
- How do you have a good meeting?
- How do you have a good concall or videoconference?
- What are financial forecasts?
- What is the role of Key Performance Indicators in the board pack?
- What's the next step?
You might also like
Take a look at some of our bestselling courses