Managing High Performing Teams
Become equipped to create, develop and nurture a streamlined team.
This course will enable you to
- Understand your role within the team, what your team needs and how to focus your management inputs to provide this
- Give the team direction by translating business goals into team goals and objectives
- Adapt your behaviour to achieve better results and enhanced team performance
- Balance your own work with the needs of the team, therefore increasing your productivity
- Delegate effectively and provide help without taking over, enabling your team members to learn the skills that they need to do their jobs better
About the course
The most effective teams are not made up of people who are simply told what to do, they are a team of individuals who know how to work together and handle the tasks that arise in the best way possible.
Successful team management can provide a multitude of benefits to an organisation. A high performing team increases morale, improves productivity and efficiency and provides better overall organisational performance.
This course will equip you with the skills to create, develop and nurture a streamlined team. You will understand the different stages of team development, how to adopt the most appropriate approach and how to handle issues such as team performance, politics, dynamics and power structures.
- What makes a team?
- What is a team?
- What do we mean by “high performing”?
- What affects how a team functions?
- How do individuals' attitudes affect the team?
- What are the four stages of team development?
- What is the manager's role in a high performing team?
- How do I know if my team is at the "forming" stage?
- What does the team need from me at the forming stage?
- How can I provide leadership to my team?
- How can I give my team direction?
- What should my focus be at the forming stage?
- How do I know if my team is at the "storming" stage?
- What does the team need from me at the storming stage?
- How should I coach my team through conflict?
- How can I give effective feedback?
- What should my focus be at the storming stage?
- How do I know if my team is "norming"?
- What does the team need from me at the norming stage?
- How can I step back and support the team at the same time?
- How can I provide help without taking over?
- What should my focus be at the norming stage?
- How do I know if my team is “performing”?
- What does the team need from me once they are performing?
- How can we make sure we communicate well as a team?
- How do I balance my time as worker and manager?
- What should my focus be once my team is performing?
How it works
You might also like
Take a look at some of our bestselling courses