Managing People in Finance
This course will enable you to:
- Provide personal leadership to your team and financial leadership to your colleagues
- Align your team with the organisation’s strategy to get them focused on the right outcomes
- Become an effective coach, motivating your team and improving their performance through constructive coaching
- Strike an appropriate balance between managing and doing, deciding which jobs to do yourself and how to delegate other jobs effectively
For many businesses, people are the largest cost. So, it makes sense that we should apply the same rigour to our investment in them as we do to an investment in a new project or plant and equipment. This course will help you to get everyone lined up and enthusiastic about achieving the organisation’s goals, and ensure they are as productive as they can be.
The course focuses on two key concepts: alignment – how to get everyone pushing in the same direction – and productivity – increasing the productivity of your team by helping them get as good as they can be. The course will help you to develop as a leader, a coach and as an effective member of the team.
- Management in finance
- The meaning of management
- Organisational structure
- Overcoming organisational problems
- Leadership in finance
- The meaning of leadership
- What makes a good leader?
- Leadership styles
- Alignment and goal translation
- Mission statements, goals and objectives
- Writing SMART objectives
- Performance criteria in finance
- Using competencies with your team
- Personal development plans
- Using performance criteria to resolve problems
- The manager as coach
- The importance of coaching
- Motivating people
- The power of feedback
- Structuring a formal feedback session
- Root causes of performance problems
- The principles of effective feedback
Leading from within the team
- Balancing personal workload
- Rules for effective delegation
- Communication - the key skill of every manager
- Handling performance appraisals
ACCA partner with accountingcpd.net to provide high quality CPD for members. As an ACCA member, you are required to complete at least 40 relevant units of CPD each year, where one unit is equal to one hour. 21 units must be verifiable; the other 19 can be non-verifiable.
Your accountingcpd.net course counts as verifiable CPD, if you can answer "yes" to these questions:
- Was the learning activity relevant to your career?
- Can you explain how you will apply the learning in the workplace?
You select courses that meet these criteria, and as you complete each course you get a CPD certificate so you can provide ACCA with the evidence that you undertook the learning activity.