Technology Trends for Accountants
In this course you will:
- Consider the emerging technology trends and future disrupters which will affect the accounting profession
- Learn how to work with and verify data as well as offer insights into data
- Take a look at Blockchain as well as cryptocurrencies and the expected breakthrough of so-called "self-serve" analytics
- Explore improvements to software and technology that are key for accountants
Advances in technology are reshaping the world of accountants. While these changes present a threat to many finance jobs, they also present an opportunity for the finance professional prepared to embrace technological advances and apply their analytical skills in new ways.
This course demystifies the world of technology for accountants, enabling you to get to grips with advances in technologies, what they mean for your role and how to make informed decisions about adopting and using new technologies.
- The changing accounting profession
- The history of digital accounting firms
- The ten elements of the digital firm
- The growth of cloud accounting
- The impact of cloud accounting
- Big data
- The history of machine learning
- Machine learning in accounting
- Robotic process automation
- Artificial intelligence and intelligence augmentation
- AI in accounting
- The rise of mobile accounting
- How mobile accounting is changing the profession
- The basics of blockchain
- Bitcoin and cryptocurrency
- The benefits of blockchain
- Introducing deep learning
- Deep learning in accounting
- Embedded and self-serve analytics
- Embedded analytics in accounting
Special focus on data
- Types of data
- Types of data analysis
- Data science
- Data preparation, transformation and infrastructure
- Data visualisation
- Analytic tools
ACCA partner with accountingcpd.net to provide high quality CPD for members. As an ACCA member, you are required to complete at least 40 relevant units of CPD each year, where one unit is equal to one hour. 21 units must be verifiable; the other 19 can be non-verifiable.
Your accountingcpd.net course counts as verifiable CPD, if you can answer "yes" to these questions:
- Was the learning activity relevant to your career?
- Can you explain how you will apply the learning in the workplace?
You select courses that meet these criteria, and as you complete each course you get a CPD certificate so you can provide ACCA with the evidence that you undertook the learning activity.
ACCA members get discounts on accountingcpd.net courses. Find out more here.