Strategic Analysis and Competitive Positioning
This high level course covers the strategic planning process for a business from start to finish, giving you the tools you'll need to build enduring competitive advantage and develop a solid strategic plan.
This course will enable you to
- Understand external and internal factors when putting together your business strategy
- Determine your competitive position
- Recognise where you’d like to move your business and how to get there
- Assess the impact of your strategy – the time or cost required, the resources available to you and the risks
- Create a strategic action plan for your business and begin to implement it
About the course
How does a business win customers, beat its competitors, make a profit and grow? These questions are fundamental to business success. But can you – or your clients – answer them? Strategic Analysis and Competitive Positioning gives you the tools you'll need to build enduring competitive advantage and develop a solid strategic plan. When you've finished working through the course you'll have the basis of your strategic plan.
This high level course covers the strategic planning process for a business from start to finish, including an understanding of business lifecycles and industry consolidation. You'll explore the external factors that matter when you're putting together a business strategy, including sector attractiveness, sources of competitive advantage and differentiation.
- Getting started
- What is the strategic planning process?
- What is the "outside-in" approach?
- What is the quick method?
- What is the business lifecycle?
- What are the benefits of industry consolidation?
- Where you are: external
- How attractive is your sector?
- What is the "five forces" model?
- How can you gain a competitive advantage?
- What is customer segmentation?
- What is the importance of scale?
- How can differentiation and cost advantage be used?
- Where you are: internal
- What is the value chain?
- Why should you analyse the value chain?
- What is outsourcing?
- How does your cost structure compare with competitors'?
- What is a competitive position?
- How can you integrate your work?
- Where you want to be and how to get there
- Where is the source of your ideas?
- How do value disciplines help businesses win?
- How can you shift your competitive position?
- How can you use the impact-effort matrix to prioritise?
- How can you use the risk-return matrix to prioritise?
- Turning ideas into action
- How do you pull together your sources?
- How do you scenario plan?
- How do you present a strategy?
- What is SWOT analysis?
- How do you prepare for scrutiny?
- What's the action plan?
- What are the next steps?
You might also like
Take a look at some of our bestselling courses