Cyber Security Strategy
Understanding cyber risks is essential for non-technical managers. Explore the nature of cyber risk, learning how it can be found anywhere within an organisation, plan to meet and respond to threats and thoroughly prepare for potential incidents.
This course will enable you to
- Recognise where cyber risks arise and who can be responsible for them
- Discuss with your IT department and security team the effectiveness of the work they are doing
- Understand different cyber security strategies and how to implement them for employees throughout your organisation
- Manage cyber risks that are outside the responsibility of the IT department and security team
- Respond and recover after a cyber security incident has happened
About the course
Developing a risk management strategy to manage cyber security is essential for any organisation, and isn't a matter purely for the IT department. Many risks arise from badly managed employees and flawed business processes, rather than digital technology. This is why an understanding of cyber risk is essential for top management.
In this course you will explore the nature of cyber risk, learning how it can be found anywhere within an organisation, plan to meet and respond to threats and thoroughly prepare for potential incidents.
- Introducing cyber risk
- What is cyber risk?
- Who causes the damage?
- What sort of damage can take place?
- Why do non-technical managers need to understand cyber risk?
- Managing cyber risks
- How do we understand our cyber risks?
- What is the best strategic approach?
- How can we mitigate our cyber risks?
- What does the holistic approach look like?
- System risks
- What are the information security basics?
- How do you prepare for an event?
- How can we manage people using networks?
- How can we manage social media risk?
- How should we dispose of data?
- Security outside the office
- How can we protect mobile devices?
- How can we stay safe on the move?
- How do we handle BYOD issues?
- Should we store data in the cloud?
- Responding to threats
- How do we pick the right team?
- How do we prepare for a cyber incident?
- How do we respond to a cyber incident?
- How can we recover and learn?
You might also like
Take a look at some of our bestselling courses