Developing Your Professional Career
This course will enable you to:
- Actively manage your career
- Assess your skills and experience
- Be prepared for career opportunities when they arise
- Manage a career break
- Develop your professional reputation
- Build your confidence
Are you managing your professional career? Most professionals ensure that they update their professional knowledge, but are you gathering the right experience and developing in the direction you want?
This course will enable you to take responsibility for your career. You will think through what makes you marketable right now and how you could develop your future career path. It also explores some specific career challenges affecting those taking career breaks, developing global careers and some particular issues affecting women.
The role of career management
- Why do I need to manage my career?
- What are the key ideas in career management?
- How can I begin to actively manage my career?
Where are you now?
- Why should I review my career?
- What are my limitations?
- What do I have in my resource toolkit?
- How do values influence choices?
- What motivates you?
What is your next move?
- What is a career ladder?
- Who is involved in the selection process?
- What should I know about applications?
- How should I prepare for interviews?
- What are assessment exercises?
- How do I create great presentations?
- What do I need to know about informal events?
Managing career issues
- Why is confidence important in managing my career?
- What do I do when things aren't working out for me at work?
- How can I develop a global career?
- How do I manage extended breaks from work?
- How can I develop a positive professional reputation?
ACCA partner with accountingcpd.net to provide high quality CPD for members. As an ACCA member, you are required to complete at least 40 relevant units of CPD each year, where one unit is equal to one hour. 21 units must be verifiable; the other 19 can be non-verifiable.
Your accountingcpd.net course counts as verifiable CPD, if you can answer "yes" to these questions:
- Was the learning activity relevant to your career?
- Can you explain how you will apply the learning in the workplace?
You select courses that meet these criteria, and as you complete each course you get a CPD certificate so you can provide ACCA with the evidence that you undertook the learning activity.